Saturday, June 30, 2012

KFC's Cheese Top Burger (New Product!)

Before going home from school, I treated myself to something new: KFC's New Cheese Top Burger.



Social Media is really a very important support to tri-media campaigns especially if advertisers want to reach people like me who elude TV, radio and news prints. I only came to know about the Cheese Top Burger because of a post from the KFC FB account that was shared multiple times, eventually reaching my Facebook dashboard (I'm not sure that's how they call it).

The image was really funny because it looked like Superman with his brief over his pants. After a few days expecting the sandwich to look like this, I was somewhat disappointed that it actually looked like this:



Sorry that it looks like this! It was in my bag for an hour because I was carrying too much stuff in my hands.


So as you can see, it really doesn't look anything like the product in the KFC ads. The supposed bread on top was consumed by the entirety of the cheese, which was kind of something I expected providing that they really wanted the cheese melt.

The KFC Cheese Top Burger was actually Classic Chicken Burger with a cheesy twist.

It only had mayonnaise on the burger. It was a good thing I remembered to ask for ketchup because it helped neutralize the "saltiness" of the sandwich.

For one, the burger was a bit salty. And with the cheese melted on top instead of being mixed with mayonnaise and ketchup, the whole snack was actually a bit bland in a way that it was short of other flavors that a burger is supposed to have. Imagine eating pizza without tomato sauce and only with melted cheese. So now you can see why ketchup was really helpful to me in finishing off this snack.

I do not speak for everybody so I encourage you to go ahead and try it yourself. It's actually worth trying since it's only Php 48.00 and if you want it to come with a drink, just add Php 2.00. =)

Check out KFC Philippines' Facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment