Friday, June 1, 2012

Easy to make flan


Custard flan is very easy to make.  The instructions in the packaging are self explanatory.  But here is what I did:


Directions:
  1. Heat 1 liter (4 cups) of milk (place the milk in a pan on a burner over medium heat to make the milk warm but not boiling).  I also threw in 2 egg yolks in the milk before it was even heated.  Empty powder on the milk.  For my flan, I chose Carnation evaporated milk to make it even creamier.  However, you can also use whole milk which you can buy at any grocery store.  I think though that non-fat, fat-free or those reduced fat milk will make the consistency different plus it will not be that creamy.
  2. Stir well over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil (1 to 2 minutes).  Keep stirring.
  3. After it has boiled or when you see big bubbles on the surface, remove from heat and pour into molds previously covered with the liquid caramel (this is in the package).
  4. Refrigerate until firm.
This snack was really great and I love how creamy and tasty it is! You can opt not to put in 2 egg yolks but the yolks I think also contributes to the creaminess of the flan.  You can also choose not to put in the caramel at the bottom.  It is a little sweet for me so I did not put caramel on some of the containers.  I forgot how long it took for it to set or get firm but you can say a safe number would be an hour or even less.  Oh and I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. This caramel custard was a big hit that it didn't even last two hours in the fridge. LOL.     
【ツ】Lizette

No comments:

Post a Comment