Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cream Filled Biscuits

Cream filled biscuits are one of my favorite snacks because 1) they’re affordable; 2) they’re yummy and; 3) they satisfy your hunger instantly especially while you are on the road.


Hello Panda was my favorite brand because of the delicious Meiji chocolate inside (another favorite). But recently, I discovered other cream filled snacks, starting off with the Hello Kitty Strawberry Filled Biscuits that I purchased at 7-11.

Five brands are now in my vocabulary including Hello Panda and Hello Kitty. Read on and find out how each of the brands fared with my taste buds.



HELLO PANDA

If you’ve tried one of those Japanese Meiji milk chocolates, then you’ll have an idea how the Hello Panda Chocolate variety tastes like.


This is actually a feel-good snack that will make you happy even as you are opening the packet.

Meanwhile, the Hello Panda Strawberry lets out a sweet smell as you open it but unlike the Hello Kitty Strawberry filled biscuits that I blogged about earlier, Hello Panda is more creamy, therefore more delicious.



Hello Panda Milk is here to satisfy your cravings for another amusing variety of the Meiji chocolate. I’m now curious about where I can find an actual Meiji white chocolate. So far I only see milk and dark chocolate in grocery stores.



PUCCA CREAM FILLED PRETZEL

I must have come across this brand a few times in the past but ignored it, and what a waste that I wasn’t able to discover this before! The Pucca strawberry filled pretzel is a delectable treat. Its sweet smell drove the ants nuts, even though the package was still closed.



I probably wasn’t able to discriminate because of too much sweetness in my mouth but I believe it had the same strawberry filling as Hello Panda, only in Pucca, the biscuits are actually pretzels. They come in thin, glossy biscuits that look like they’ve been coated in varnish but they taste fine, although quite isolated from the creamy filling. I prefer the other type of biscuit because they mix well together with the filling as you chew. But to each his own!



KOKOLA

When I opened the Kokola Strawberry filled biscuit, it did not release a sweet smell like the Hello Kitty and Hello Panda strawberry biscuits. But it didn’t matter because this Kokola brand is really very delicious that I forgot how the others tasted like.



The strawberry variety has a bit of a sour aftertaste that is only understandable since it’s strawberry flavored and strawberries, as we all know, are sour most of the time. I like the sour aftertaste actually because it diverts your tongue from too much sweetness plus the creamy strawberry filling is really… OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!



The Kokola Chocolate filled biscuit is super creamy that I thought of going back to the grocery and hoarding them!

The biscuit is just right and the chocolate filling is too perfect that I have no words to describe it.



HELLO KITTY

Too bad the illustrations on these Hello Kitty Chocolate filled biscuits are fading but just like the Hello Kitty Strawberry filled biscuits that I wrote about, these chocolate biscuits are very attractive for little kids. The chocolate filling however is not “to die for”.



I have nothing against local chocolates but the filling here tastes like one of those local varieties that are just sweet and a bit bitter. I easily grew weary of the taste and went back to eating Kokola.



KOALA’S MARCH

Koala’s March features illustrations of a Koala bear on a crunchy biscuit. The biscuit is actually thin that the color of the chocolate filling can be seen.

I like how the biscuits look because they are totally different from all the other cream filled biscuits that I bought.



The biscuit filling is a bit of a dark chocolate but still sweet and creamy so if you are tired of consuming those sweet snacks, get a pack of Koala’s March for a different twist!

VERDICT:

My favorite among all these brands is obviously KOKOLA. I simply love the chocolate and strawberry fillings and because I loved both flavors, that means the brand is consistent right? I’m looking forward to going back to the grocery and stocking up on these. My second favorite is KOALA'S MARCH. And although HELLO PANDA is not on my list of favorites anymore, it will remain close to my heart... este stomach!

My least favorite is the Hello Kitty biscuit. They’re just actually cute on the outside, but bland on the inside.

Did I interest you to try them out too? Please share us your verdict when you do! Post on our comments section below and share your experience with others!

【ツ】Jam

3 comments:

  1. the kokola chocolate biscuit, i want to buy. Please where can i buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. where i can buy the kokola chocolate biscuit, i cant find in sm hypermarket,supermarket, metro, wellcome, alphamart. Please where can i buy it?

      Delete
  2. please reply at my gmail thankyou!

    ReplyDelete