Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chowking’s Chow Pao (New Product!)

I'm never really on the road that much so I'm not in the know of any billboard that shows the new products of my favorite fast food chains.

I only discovered Chowking's Chow Pao for example when my friends were talking about it. These are filled Man Tao or Chinese Steamed Buns, sort of an interesting twist to the usual siopao.

Easily convinced of their deliciousness, I bought all 3 variants as merienda for myself, papa and mama.

The first question I had in mind when I saw those online menuboards / ads was if they really had the "Ck" stamp. I asked my friend who tried it and she said they had them. It looks nice actually.



 

I first tasted the Chunky Beef one. I really had to be careful not to let it touch the others because Mama has really sensitive sense of smell and she hates the smell of beefy goodness.

This sweet tasting snack has the works! The delectable beef chunks of course, carrots, cabbage and tofu or tokwa. It really tastes nice especially if eaten while still hot or warm.

The Braised Chicken Chow Pao is also delicious! However, mama being mama, she did not like it because of the spices she smelled in it.

The Chinese Sausage variant is the cheapest one of all. But I am not a chorizo person although when served with rice, I can eat it quickly just like tocino. I just don't find it a good match with Man Tao because there's that chorizo smell that I don't like.

For me it's just between Braised Chicken and Chunky Beef. I don't know but I think I like Chunky Beef better, probably because I was deprived of beef dishes since forever because mama never prepares them.

Chowking's Chow Pao is priced as follows:

Chinese Sausage --   Php 25.00
          (SPECIAL) --  Php 35.00  (this has veggies in it)
Chunky Beef         -- Php 49.00
Braised Chicken    -- Php 49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment